Fight for Truth and Serve Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight for Truth and Serve Justice

RGST official alliance forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inactivity: time lengths

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Inactivity: time lengths Empty
PostSubject: Inactivity: time lengths   Inactivity: time lengths I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Okay I've seen alot of questions about inactivity i hope this section answers them all Very Happy

what is the inactive procedure?

These are the official guidelines:

* Feature - Inactivity deletion will immediately be performed in regular intervals
o Phase 0: If somebody takes no action within 5 hours after registering an account, it will be immediately deleted.
o Phase I: Within the first 7 days: - Time until inactive: 2 days - Time inactive until deletion: 2 days
o Phase II: Two weeks up to a month: - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 4 days
o Phase III: 1 month to 3 months - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 14 days
o Phase IV: from 3 months onward: - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 30 days
While in the inactive phase the resource mining of all the player´s town´s is reduced by half.

While inactive you can be pillaged and it is a done thing in this alliance better to go on vacation mode and inform leaders.

So you see, if you have been playing for more than two weeks, it takes a whole week of not logging in once to go inactive.
We only suggest going on vacation mode for your own safety if you will be gone for more than 2 or 3 days, but of course, it is your choice - we can only suggest (with all members well-being in mind)

Our alliances stance

If you know you're going to be inactive do try to warn the leadership council via the forum link at the bottom of the main page and go into vacation mode.

the leadership is concerned with members not logging in for a whole week, a lot can change in one week, and please try to see it from the leadership perspective - a chain is only as strong as the weakest link - and I mean that in the sense that we can't stand united as an alliance if we have chronically absent members (absent meaning inactive, not away for the weekend)

What happens to inactives in the alliance?

This is a quote from somewhere concerning the booting to inactive members:

"Well, I will always try to put it off as long as possible, in case there was RL issues keeping them away (RL is always more important) which is totally understandable. But at some point, inactives become a liability to the alliance - they aren't growing in points, and are keeping someone else from joining who will be active and growing. We always send a message before booting, stating that if they return to play the game, they are welcome to join us again."

As for the ethics of pillaging an inactive ex-member. I don't honestly see why that would be frowned upon. If I was to let my account on any server go inactive, I would not be surprised in the least to come back and find my friends had helped themselves to my goods just getting stale in my warehouse! I'd be more surprised if they didn't! And I'd rather my friends than my enemies benefiting from my goods.

The whole vacation thing is personal - if you're going to be offline for a few days, but you feel confident in your defences and you find it beneficial to stay in active mode so you can gather resources (makes complete sense) then feel free to do so! You have 7 days of leeway time. We just don't want players with a small army/navy to be caught unawares - especially after the update, when you can actually be cleaned out, if your attacker knows what they're doing.

Please understand that the leadership does think long and hard before making these suggestions - we are constantly thinking about what is best for the members. We aren't trying to make useless policies - I promise!
Back to top Go down

Inactivity: time lengths
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fight for Truth and Serve Justice :: FAQ's [Frequesntly Asked Questions]-
Jump to: