Fight for Truth and Serve Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight for Truth and Serve Justice

RGST official alliance forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money! Empty
PostSubject: If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money!   If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:00 am

Have you ever looked at your finances on ikariam and wondered where all your hard earned gold is going?

Heres a basic breakdown:

1. Workers cost money (all that slave labour down the mines and at the forests does actually cost some)

2. Researchers (I know they get to play with crystal all day AND they get paid!)

3. Don't forget your military, they do like to be paid for putting their butts on the line for you!

On the plus side though guys, spies don't cost any upkeep!

Another general point that i've taken from a website:

Units on missions or being relocated from one city to another cost twice the upkeep.

If you have several colonies, the amount of upkeep shown in the income overview is divided between your towns dependent on the percentages of the total amount of citizens per town you have, not on the amount of stationed troops and ships. As cities don't have their own gold reserves and all costs are paid out of your gold coffer, this of course only makes your bookkeeping harder to read, rather than offering any insights into where your real costs per city come from.

Finally for a little extra info check out:

http://ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Upkeep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money!   If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:02 am

I do not believe workers technically cost money -- you just do not earn the 3 gold/hour that they would be paying in taxes as citizens.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money!   If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:39 pm

Thats how much they cost, 3 gold. It may not be an upkeep like your military (so to speak), but its the same thing. He isn't in the city having a joyful time, hes costing you 3 gold. For then your spending 3 gold on each guy not in your city. Same for the researchers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money!   If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:02 pm

A regular citizen produced 3 gold an hour

A scientist costs 6 gold an hour, for a 9 gold difference between a scientist and a citizen

A worker produces/costs 0 gold/hour, for a 3 gold difference between a worker and a citizen

But you don't have to pay them. It's basically the same math in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money!   If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Rutherford wrote:
A regular citizen produced 3 gold an hour

A scientist costs 6 gold an hour, for a 9 gold difference between a scientist and a citizen

A worker produces/costs 0 gold/hour, for a 3 gold difference between a worker and a citizen

But you don't have to pay them. It's basically the same math in the end.

Scientists aren't ALWAYS 6 gold for an hour. Once you get the Letter Chute technology, each scientist becomes 5 gold an hour, for an effective cost of 8 gold an hour, so there is a way to make them cost less, and if you hire a lot of scientists, then that helps a lot. (My immediate savings upon completion I believe was over 300 gold.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money!   If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If it's not the tax man then who the hell is taking all my money!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fight for Truth and Serve Justice :: FAQ's [Frequesntly Asked Questions]-
Jump to: