Fight for Truth and Serve Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight for Truth and Serve Justice

RGST official alliance forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

town building spaces

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pug

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-20

town building spaces Empty
PostSubject: town building spaces   town building spaces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:52 am

Does anyone know if the next version will expand our building spaces or will we have to pick and choose buildings to destroy in order to create the new buildings?

Also has anyone been able to build anything on the spot that only becomes available after you research bureaucracy? I have completed the research but now when I attempt to build there it tells me I am unable to build new buildings at the moment.

Thanks,
Pug
Back to top Go down
Veer

Veer

Male
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: town building spaces   town building spaces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:13 am

Towns will have to be customized:scratch:. There are no additional spaces Sad . You will have to research bureaucracy to get the only additional space available Rolling Eyes . Rest will depend totally on your strategy and choice of buildings. Cool

Since everything beyond the safe level of your warehouse can be looted if the attacker has that many ships you are allowed to build more than one warehouse, but still no additional spaces Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pug

Male

PostSubject: Re: town building spaces   town building spaces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks Veer

That is what I was afraid of.

I can only come up with 4 optional buildings
Workshop
Embassy (if I get rid of all but one of these will it effect the alliances diplomacy points?)
Academy (hate to lose the extra research points)
Trading Post (hate to not be able to trade from any of my cities)

All the other buildings are pretty much necessary in all cities Sad
I guess that the Hideout would be my next choice of least important buildings.

I have researched bureaucracy (long time ago) but still can't build there. What are you supposed to be able to build on the extra site?
Back to top Go down
LadyGaladriel

LadyGaladriel

Female
Number of posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: town building spaces   town building spaces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:55 am

Right now there is a bug that keeps you from building on the bureaucracy spot, but that should be fixed in the patch.

I would highly recommend NOT demolishing your hideouts!!! That would be foolish, spies are vital in turning off attackers.

For members of the alliance, all you need is one embassy.
Depending on how much you utilize your trading post, perhaps all you need is one high level trading post.
One high level workshop in your crystal town is fine,
And I'm probably going to have 2 academies right to the soft cap.

The game dev's have thought this all through, and you will find with a bit of planning that you will have room for everything you need.

The new buildings are designed in pairs for each of the resources - one increaser (increases production in mines/mills) and one reducer (reduces the demand of the resource). So you don't necessarily need every single one, if you so chose.
Back to top Go down
http://chelsearossi420.imagekind.com/
Pug

Male

PostSubject: Re: town building spaces   town building spaces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 pm

I do agree and I am not recommending getting rid of my hideouts but I would give them up before giving up say my warehouse, barracks or shipyard.

Do the new buildings when built in one city effect your other cities as well. For example the wine cellar will I need one in each of my cities to help reduce wine costs or will building it in one city help all my other cities?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LadyGaladriel

LadyGaladriel

Female
Number of posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: town building spaces   town building spaces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Hmmm. Good question. I'll have to check the ikariam board later and I'll let you know what I find - if someone doesn't get to it before me!
Back to top Go down
http://chelsearossi420.imagekind.com/
Veer

Veer

Male
Number of posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: town building spaces   town building spaces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Yup, you have to build it in the individual city where you want to reduce consumption. The good thing, however is that your wine city will be producing a lot of wine so if you plan well the wine city can be spared of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: town building spaces   town building spaces I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

town building spaces
Page 1 of 1