Fight for Truth and Serve Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight for Truth and Serve Justice

RGST official alliance forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Military Might | Defending your towns...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Military Might | Defending your towns... Empty
PostSubject: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:48 pm

As a new player to the game I haven't had to deal with too much in the way of violence within my towns, however surely it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

With that I was curious as to some basic guidelines surrounding the following. (let's assume the city levels are between 9-14)

# of troops needed
Preferred type of troops (for both those towns with|without access to vast amounts of Sulfer)

Level of Town Wall

# of War ships

Work Shop Research (is it worth while to rearch them all?)

Anyhow that's about it, thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
spart

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:11 pm

2.8 it was said to have atlest 2 phalanx for every town level, and plus about 50% more in your capital.

for 3.0 however we're all going to need more.

For the last month I've built up 100phalanx and 50 swordsman, and 50 ballista ships in all my towns; lvls 21,20,20,20,16. My current upkeep is about -300, so after the update I'll checkout my new upkeep and probably be building more on my two marble towns, and maybe moving so away from my crystal town.
Back to top Go down
LadyGaladriel

LadyGaladriel

Female
Number of posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm going to need to do more research regarding military guidelines for the new patch.

For now, like spart said, please try to have a small defense that always stays on guard.

And please keep at least a few ballista ships in your ports all the time to make it that much harder for someone off of your island to get to you.

When I have figured out the new guidelines for safety's sake I will post it in the suggested military requirements section.
Back to top Go down
http://chelsearossi420.imagekind.com/

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Thank you for the heads up on those numbers guys.

I'm a bit behind in production, looks like I'll need to buy another round of sulfer since my sulfer colony is still being setup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:04 am

Hi in relation to flips question i was wondering if anyone had managed to crunch the numbers about what kind of defences we should have in place?

My highest level town is 16 at the mo and i have follewed the general advice to have a few ships in every port and i've got at least 20 of each military unit. Is that enough and is there anything else i can do? I'm feelin a lil bit vulnerable on my islands at the mo as alot of ppl seem to be going over to FAM who attacked my towns quite alot b4 i joined the alliance, so i'm feeling a bit antsy. Any advice would be good right now Very Happy

Thanx
Kaz
Back to top Go down
LadyGaladriel

LadyGaladriel

Female

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:42 am

As for FAM, we actually have a NAP (non-aggression pact) with them, so they shouldn't be a problem, but if they do bother you let the leadership know right away as that would be a breach of our agreement.

RL has kept me very busy lately (you know, kids and all...) so unfortunately I haven't had much time to think about the optimal defense.

At the moment I would say focus on your wall to make it 1-3 levels higher than your town hall, as that would be a nasty surprise to someone who didn't spy first, also try to have 20 spies in each town to make it really hard for a spy to get through.

For defense focus mostly on Phalanx as they will be the best value as far as gold to defense ratio. With nice high walls and plenty of phalanx as well as plenty of ballista, you should be enough nuisance to pillagers that they will leave you alone for the most part.

I just did the math for my own defenses and found that I have between 3-4 phalanx per town level and around 2 ballista per town level. I have all my towns at lv 21 and all my walls at lv 24 (thanks to good planning pre-v 3!). I have other units too of course, but for the basic basics that is what I'm packing.

I hope that helps clear things up for now, and right now that's really the best advice I can give.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:23 am

Thanx for that lady i'll try for that, struggling at the mo to get my walls up to scratch lol obviously i'm not as good at planning as you Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:50 am

Here are some tips for v3:

1. Have a high level wall for every town.. if your walls are not level 24 yet because you weren't able to do it in v2.8, then a level 10 wall is enough for v3, at least... the reason is that defense bonus reduction has been taken away in v3.. This means that even if your wall level is lower than your town hall level, your walls will still give you a defense bonus equal to wallLevel*10, e.g. level 10=100% defense bonus..

2. I personally think that having defenses for each town is better.. but my friend has a different strategy.. Since for v3, one pillage is enough to lose all your resources for that town, it is advisable to place your resources to your marble town and place all your troops to guard them, leaving some of your navy and maybe slingers to defend the other towns.. The purpose of this strategy is to lessen the chance of attack as well as lessen the number of resources that you will lose in case of an attack.. If you need to upgrade your other towns, just send sufficient number of resources there and upgrade as soon as that town receives the resources... In this strategy, around 250 phalanx, 50 ballista and a level 20 wall is enough to guard all your resources..

3. Phalanx is the best unit for defense..

4. Have a high level hideout in each city.. level 15 hideout assures you that you wont be spied on easily since the chance of catching a spy is so high, your enemy wont even have a chance to know the number of troops in that city.. besides, other players wont attack you unless they know how much resistance is in that city..

5. Dont forget to ask help if someone attacks you.. the embassy is just 1 click away.. =)
Back to top Go down
LadyGaladriel

LadyGaladriel

Female

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Naeblis wrote:

2. I personally think that having defenses for each town is better.. but my friend has a different strategy.. Since for v3, one pillage is enough to lose all your resources for that town, it is advisable to place your resources to your marble town and place all your troops to guard them, leaving some of your navy and maybe slingers to defend the other towns.. The purpose of this strategy is to lessen the chance of attack as well as lessen the number of resources that you will lose in case of an attack.. If you need to upgrade your other towns, just send sufficient number of resources there and upgrade as soon as that town receives the resources... In this strategy, around 250 phalanx, 50 ballista and a level 20 wall is enough to guard all your resources..

This isn't a bad strategy for newer players who might not afford to have high walls and plenty of units to go around right away.

If you chose to go with this strategy, my opinion is it would be best used as a temporary plan until you gradually get all your towns into a good defensive position. I think that would work because you could really focus on one town at a time which would give you very clear goals to work towards, rather than randomly upgrading whatever you can afford to do in any given town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:18 pm

I've built up to >50 phalanx in every town and over 100 troops in general in every town.

All ov my ports are guarded by *a lot* of ships... Smile

I think I'm fine for the time being
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Well done flip! i'm half way there have 50+ phalanx in my capital and at least 20 ships in each port just working on gettin the troop numbers up and raising my walls up the levels slowly, Thanx for all the advice everyone Very Happy

Hugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military Might | Defending your towns...   Military Might | Defending your towns... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military Might | Defending your towns...
Page 1 of 1