Fight for Truth and Serve Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight for Truth and Serve Justice

RGST official alliance forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on 3.0?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Thoughts on 3.0? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on 3.0?   Thoughts on 3.0? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:27 pm

Figured we could use a central location in which we could discuss various thoughts on 3.0

Expanded storage capacity for all goods seems like a welcomed addition.

Vastly huge increase in resources needed to build things is going to slow down new players from reaching the higher building levels.

Production boosts for lux goods helps to balance out that you need a lot more goods to build things now.

Lost research? I already had Spirit Level researched, yet when I logged in this morning I was once again researching it... Sad

New buildings to boost production or better utilize goods. These seem like a really good idea and I'm excited to try them out.

Anyhow I'll play around more, but so far it seems pretty good.
Back to top Go down
LadyGaladriel

LadyGaladriel

Female
Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Thoughts on 3.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 3.0?   Thoughts on 3.0? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 am

Ya, I don't mind the patch. I feel that the dev's really did think it all through so everything has a pretty good balance.

Even the wine consumption - I'm not overly worried - we now harvest 2x the wine, and island upgrades are inexpensive, so I'm going to focus on getting my vineyard upgraded a couple more levels. Smile

Same with the more expensive upgrades - the increased production sort of balances that - I believe time will show us that. We're just suffering from sticker-shock. LOL My husband was laughing at me because I was trying to explain the new features and he exclaimed that "Inflation even reaches Ikariam"
lol!

I think the most important thing right now is to make sure you're well defended against attacks - have super-high hideouts and keep your spies at home whenever possible (of course if you have a couple on long-term missions that should be fine, but keep most on defense)

You can still be an undesirable target. I don't know about you guys, but when I try to send a spy out, and the risk of them being caught before they even get to try a mission is 95% - I STAY THE HELL AWAY from them! What I usually do is first do my own spying by checking their military score, and if it's not high I send the spies, but if my spies can't get the info I probably wont attack anyways, because who knows where their military is!

In short, to avoid most attacks, have a decent military score - 1000 is pretty respectable (or at least it was before the update, and make it near impossible to spy you out.

PS. The lost research was because technically we all "owed" research points for the new researches.
Back to top Go down
http://chelsearossi420.imagekind.com/

Thoughts on 3.0? Empty
PostSubject: thoughts   Thoughts on 3.0? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:11 pm

to be honest i feel kinda peevish towards the update. i was just starting to get somewhere and they go and make it more complicated!!! All my evil plans are up in smoke now! lol

my lil brain hurts!
Back to top Go down
LeztaT

LeztaT

Male
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Thoughts on 3.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 3.0?   Thoughts on 3.0? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 pm

I have announced this message through our circular alliance message and I just want to make sure that it wont get piled up on your message inbox lol!

Quote :
Hi Team,

This piece of advice goes for the new members and for those who are
shocked with regards to the high requirement of upgrading town halls /
museums / barracks ...etc.

As I was exploring with one of the new buildings... we should pay
attention and give a high priority to build is the "Architect`s
Office": Per building level the demand for marble in your town is
lessened.

Also its affordable to upgrade up to level 16.

Don't think twice of asking or inquiring something about the new
version...there's always someone here in our alliance to attend on your
problems.

have a Great day to all,
-LeztaT-
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on 3.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 3.0?   Thoughts on 3.0? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Here's my idea for version 3:

1. Have wine press for each city. This should lower down your wine consumption. Building museums isn't practical anymore since they cost alot. However, if you do have extra marbles, go for museums instead of the taverns.

2. The stonemason is a must for your marble city. The increase in the marble production is necessary in order to reach the marble requirement for higher level buildings.

3. The winegrower is a must for your wine city. Increase production of wine means you can keep up with the high wine consumption of your cities.

4. The glassblower, alchemist tower and forester's house are optional upgrades. One can do away with the extra production of crystals and sulfur. And since every city can harvest wood, the forester's house is not necessary anymore

5. Architect's office is a must for every city. This is to reduce the amount of marble needed for upgrades.

6. The Carpenter is an optional upgrade but is also highly encouraged since wood requirement is high.

7. The remaining buildings (i.e. optician and fireworks test) are not necessary.

8. Demolish your workshops. Leave 1 behind on your crystal city in order to upgrade your units.

9. Demolish your embassy. Leave 1 behind in 1 city and upgrade them as high as you can in order to have higher diplomacy points.

10. Demolish barracks. Leave 2 behind preferably on the sulfur and wine cities since the former is the source of sulfur, and the latter having less new buildings. This will save you a building space on the marble and crystal cities.

11. Demolish your trade posts. It is your choice if you'll leave 1 behind but for me, the building space is more important than the trade posts. However, you'll lose the opportunity to earn gold with your resources. Still, one can earn enough gold through time by keeping his upkeep as low as possible.

12. Keep your hideout level as high as possible. This is to ensure that no one will know where your forces are, making the likelihood of attacks less.

13. Donate to your islands. The more resources you mine, the faster it is to upgrade.

14. Phalanx are better than steam giants. Have at least 50 fully upgraded phalanx in each city. You can add some steam giants just to increase the attack power of your army.

15. Have high level walls. Level 24 = 240% increase in defense is a great thing. In layman's term, this means that the true value of his defense equals to more than twice the number of his troops. Example, you have 100 troops. The enemy will have to send 300 troops in order to defeat your army, assuming the attack power and defense power are equal.

16. Expand to marble islands.

17. When pillaging, send as many trade ships as you can. This is to ensure you'll pillage more resources.

Feel free to comment on my tips. Your thoughts will be highly appreciated. Let's work together and help each other out in this new version.

Naeblis
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on 3.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 3.0?   Thoughts on 3.0? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:39 pm

LeztaT wrote:
I have announced this message through our circular alliance message and I just want to make sure that it wont get piled up on your message inbox lol!

Quote :
Hi Team,

This piece of advice goes for the new members and for those who are
shocked with regards to the high requirement of upgrading town halls /
museums / barracks ...etc.

As I was exploring with one of the new buildings... we should pay
attention and give a high priority to build is the "Architect`s
Office": Per building level the demand for marble in your town is
lessened.

Also its affordable to upgrade up to level 16.

Don't think twice of asking or inquiring something about the new
version...there's always someone here in our alliance to attend on your
problems.

have a Great day to all,
-LeztaT-

For those not keeping score at home...

14106 marble to max out the Architects Office at level 16. In doing so you reduce your overall marble use by 16% At my current town hall, wall,... level (14ish) I'll break even with my savings on marble in about 9 upgrades, actually a little less depending on what I choose to upgrade.

I'd say maxing this building out early on will be key for all low level guys like myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thoughts on 3.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 3.0?   Thoughts on 3.0? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on 3.0?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fight for Truth and Serve Justice :: FAQ's [Frequesntly Asked Questions]-
Jump to: