Fight for Truth and Serve Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight for Truth and Serve Justice

RGST official alliance forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Architects question

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Architects question Empty
PostSubject: Architects question   Architects question I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:46 am

Hi anyone who reads this

I'm just wondering if anyone has worked out whether its cost effective to build and level up architect's offices?

and if it is useful to what level would be most effective? I'm going on a beefing up spree with my towns one by one both in military and walls etc, and i'm wondering if the architects offices are worth the effort?

Thanx

Kaz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Architects question   Architects question I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:00 pm

I wouldn't do it. You're better off spending your resources on a stonemason. Here's why:

1. The Stonemason constantly gives you more marble, so it's always working. Architect's Office is only working when you actually build up a building. Thus, upgrades take longer with an Architect's Office than a Stonemason.
2. In the long run, a Stonemason will have more of an impact, because you can always expand a resource building by donating to it, whereas with an Architect's Office, you're limited to how low you can reduce the costs of your buildings.

On the other hand, another option you could turn to is to build both an Architect's Office AND a Stonemason, but the drawback of this is the space it takes to have both buildings in place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Architects question   Architects question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:25 am

Architect Office is worth the investment for sure as it take very little marble to level it up here's a breakdown.

14,106 Marble needed to get to level 16, thus providing a 16% reduction in building costs.

Here is where it comes into play though...

level 19 town hall costs 34,915 marble prior to any research or building discounts. by the time you've reached this level of building and with a level 16 architects office it only costs you 29,328 to build.

You make back your investment in a few buildings upgraded, not to mention that if you build it early in your towns life... Smile

I have A.Offices in nearly all of my towns, they are worth it for everyone aside from those members that were already high level prior to these buildings being introduced in the v3.0 patch.

Essentially with researching included you're using 30% less stone in your town that has a level 16 architect on site, that is a huge savings and you will notice it in the long run very, very fast.

In every new town I build I'm sure to drop down an architects office as soon as I can, you just can't get around it in the higher levels of building when it's the norm to need 30K or more stone to perform a single upgrade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Architects question   Architects question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:34 am

CrescentMoon wrote:
I wouldn't do it. You're better off spending your resources on a stonemason. Here's why:

1. The Stonemason constantly gives you more marble, so it's always working. Architect's Office is only working when you actually build up a building. Thus, upgrades take longer with an Architect's Office than a Stonemason.
2. In the long run, a Stonemason will have more of an impact, because you can always expand a resource building by donating to it, whereas with an Architect's Office, you're limited to how low you can reduce the costs of your buildings.

On the other hand, another option you could turn to is to build both an Architect's Office AND a Stonemason, but the drawback of this is the space it takes to have both buildings in place.

Only problem with the stone mason though is it is only useful on an island with a marble pit, whereas your architect can be in any city and still provide the bonus. If you have 3 non marble islands you can easily use 45% less stone with the use of the Architect, whereas getting a 45% boost to your marble production will be beyond the reach of most people for some time.

I won't down play the usefulness of the Stone Mason, I have 3 marble islands and everyone of them has a S.Mason. The downside though is that the S.Mason is *insanely* expensive to upgrade beyond say level 10.

I'd go as far as to say prohibitively expensive to upgrade for those players that only have one (or perhaps 2 low level) source of marble, or those players that are still trying to expand. If you have a low level marble pit (anything less then level 14 or 15) you're likely better off leveling the S.Mason to level 10 and then donating wood to level your island resource.

Now if you have an architect on the same island as the S.Mason then you can upgrade him cheaper and produce more marble. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Architects question   Architects question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:30 pm

thank you very much gents i really appreciate the input

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Architects question   Architects question I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Sorry to adding onto such an old post XP

But to just add my two cents...

Hands down having the Discount buildings in at all will save you hundreds of thousands of resources in marble and wood (the only two I use)

With the research and the discount building I save up to 46% of all my buildings on both marble AND wood. Now, I think that shows in the long run they do out weigh the S.Mason, but again S.Mason are still worth getting, but doing the discount buildings first, THEN upgrading the S.Masons....well lets just say it would make your life easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Architects question   Architects question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Architects question
Page 1 of 1